Community Investment Program
Nelson & District Credit Union’s Community Investment Program was specifically created to help our communities thrive; we provide funding assistance in the areas of education, community, economic development, social responsibility, wellness, recreation and arts, culture and heritage.
Apply for Sponsorship online!
By submitting an online application to our Community Investment Program you agree to the criteria and consent to the terms outlined below.
Please be aware that, for security reasons, this online application will timeout after 20 minutes and any inputted information will be lost. Also, supporting documents can't be attached to online application.
Supporting documents for your online sponsorship application - budgets, financial reports, references, photos, etc - should be emailed to email@example.com.
PDF versions are also available for you to complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org;
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING FOR COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PROGRAM (CIP) SPONSORSHIP
1. Requests must be in writing on the attached form with supporting documents that can include
- financial statement
- annual report
- expected outcomes
- list of directors or officers
2. Applicant must have a proven record of financial accountability and sustainability.
3. Any and all requests will be reviewed by our branch representative(s) and/or our Community Investment Program team and/or our board of directors. Allow approximately two months for a decision to be made, while large donation requests and complex applications may take longer.
4. Applicants who have their account at, or are willing to move their account to, NDCU are given priority.
5. NDCU will endeavour to support local community programs that a) our members are involved in and b) our employees and/or directors are involved in.
Even though a member may be involved, often national or international initiatives fall outside of our sponsorship mandate.
6. Sponsorship will not be considered when an applicant is seeking funding for research, surveys and/or studies, wages, salaries and/or employee benefits.
7. When determining the size of our donation—whether it's cash, cash in-kind or prizes—groups, organizations and teams will take consideration over individuals. Applicants that demonstrate a benefit to the most people will get preference.
8. We are particularly supportive of programs that involve co-ops and credit unions.
9. We will not become involved with any individual or organization that is perceived by Nelson & District Credit Union's management and/or directors to be fraudulent, controversial or irresponsible.
10. Due to the number of donation requests this credit union receives on an annual basis, we cannot always approve every request. Each request will be given fair consideration based upon the criteria above and the current state of the CIP budget. Receiving a donation in one year does not mean NDCU can/will make a similar commitment in following years. On-going commitment will be reviewed with consideration to the future success, viability and sustainability of the request.
11. Successful applicants must complete a post-status report for projects funded with financial support greater than $1,000. The recipient must be willing to receive a short community-investment presentation at a future board meeting or a personal meeting for individual applications, if requested by NDCU.
12. By submitting this completed and signed document you hereby authorize Nelson & District Credit Union to collect, use and disclose your personal information as follows for use and publication:
Type of Personal Information:
- biographical information provided by the member to NDCU
Purpose, Use, and Type of Disclosure/Publication: Use and Disclosures:
- annual report
- NDCU website(s)
- media release(s): newspaper, radio, online
Purpose(s) and Use(s):
- provide information to staff, members and community
- promote NDCU
- NDCU elections
If consent is withdrawn, applicant(s) acknowledge that existing publications will not be withdrawn.