Nelson & District Credit Union will strive to provide members with solutions to help them pack responsibly for their unique life stages, like short-term savings goals, so they may reach their viewpoints. This process is called the Financial Hike.
Compound coolness! When you make an investment, your interest is compounded, putting you ahead. Regular deposits are so easy to arrange, so don’t wait.
A term deposit is a secure lump sum investment vehicle that locks in the capital over a set term in return for a higher return than a standard savings account.
- minimum investment of $500 ($100 for junior members )
- cashable or locked-in terms (redeemable or non-redeemable)
- investing time periods range from 30 days to 5 years
- Reach some short-terms goals with a 12-month builder
- Interest paid annually or at maturity and automatically credited to the account of choice
Things to Consider
- Redeemable term deposits give you full access to your investment at any time.
- Non-redeemable term deposits are locked-in for the term, but they offer a higher interest rate.
- All Deposits with B.C.’s Credit Unions are 100% protected. Protection provided by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
Please visit our Rates page to find out more about current rates and product offerings.